BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, Computer Arts Society are offering a small number of bursaries to provide free registration for two days of the conference. This is to encourage attendance from our key audiences such as independent artists, technical specialists or those from small businesses. The bursaries will cover all registration costs for up to two days of the conference including refreshments and social events (you are very welcome to attend the conference dinner but you will need to pay for this).
The closing date is 15th May 2016, end of day.
The bursaries are intended for those who do not have other funds to apply to, for instance artists or others who are self employed or sole traders or members of very small companies.
EVA London regret that they cannot fund travel or accommodation costs.
Students whose papers have been accepted for the full conference may apply for bursaries provided that they have exhausted all funding possibilities from their institution.
To apply, simply email the EVA London bursaries coordinator, email@example.com, subject line: EVA London bursary application. Do not register first.
A bursary selection panel will decide on applications and you will be notified as soon as possible.
Please provide the following information in your email application:
- Name, affiliation if applicable and email address
- How you'd describe yourself - artist, self employed, student, researcher, technical expert, academic etc
- Why you are interested in the conference and what you hope to gain from attending (100 words maximum)
- Why you fit the criteria for an EVA London bursary holder (100 words maximum) (see above, Are you eligible?)
- Your role in the EVA conference - just wishing to attend the conference, presenting a paper, demo or exhibition, Research Workshop, have helped in proposal selection
- If presenting etc, the title of your presentation
- What other funds, if any, are available for you to apply for and the result of any application you have made
- Which days you would like to attend.
Problems or queries (we hope this is all clear) - please email firstname.lastname@example.org, include EVA London bursary query in the subject.
If your bid is successful you will be able to register for up to 2 conference days free of charge. Those accepted for a bursary are sent a booking form, which is sent back to email@example.com for processing. If you wish to pay for a third day at that time, please ask for instructions.